So Delish! Make it today!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 7 strips of thick bacon, cooked and diced (I make it in the oven; 375 degrees; 15-20 minutes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams (including juice)
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half if for a lighter chowder)
- 1 cup whole milk
Add cream of mushroom soup, potatoes, celery, garlic, onion, bacon, basil, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper to slow cooker and mix.
Drain the clams and add the juice (not the clams) to the slow cooker/crock pot.
Cook on HIGH for approx. 4-5 hours – until potatoes are tender.
At the end of the cooking cycle add:
- Clams; cream and milk
Almost ready to eat! Cook around 5-10 minutes – until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Remove bay leaves before serving.)
This chowder is so amazingly delicious! You will never buy canned clam chowder again!