So Delish! Make it today!
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 7 strips of thick bacon, cooked and diced (I make it in the oven; 375 degrees; 15-20 minutes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 (6 1/2 ounce) cans chopped clams (including juice)
- 2 cups heavy cream (or half and half if for a lighter chowder)
- 1 cup whole milk
Add cream of mushroom soup, potatoes, celery, garlic, onion, bacon, basil, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper to slow cooker and mix.
Cook on HIGH for approx. 4-5 hours – until potatoes are tender.
- Clams (including juice); cream and milk
Almost ready to eat! Cook around 5-10 minutes – until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper, to taste. (Remove bay leaves before serving.)
This chowder is so amazingly delicious! You will never buy canned clam chowder again!