A refreshing alternative to traditional chili! So Good!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts; cut into cubes
- 1 32-ounce box of Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth (4 cups)
- 3 4-ounce cans diced green chiles (I used mild.)
- 1 29-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2-4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
-Place all ingredients into the slow cooker (except for the cilantro and lime juice)
-Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
-When finished, stir in cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve and enjoy!
I served it with Jalapeno cornbread. Love