Slow Cooked Roast is the BEST! Roast and root veggies come together to make a hearty dish that will nourish the body and feed the soul. Plus, your prep time is minimal with maximum results.
- 4-pound chuck roast
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup beef bone broth; low sodium recommended (or stock)
- 4 carrots, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 potatoes, quartered
- 5-6 whole cloves of garlic
-Season the roast with the dry onion soup — apply to all sides of the roast.
-Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker — placing the roast on top.
-Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. (Cook times vary depending on your slow cooker, size, and how full it is. We used a 6-qt for this recipe and 3.5 hours was perfect.)
-Remove the meat and veggies. (Use the liquid to make gravy if so desired!)
-Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy in good health and good company.