Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe by Chef Billy Parisi.
I love this chef! I've tried a variety of biscuit recipes recently and this is my fav and will be my go-to.
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ¾ cups ice-cold Unsalted butter shredded
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a stand mixer with the hook attachment, add in the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and butter and mix on low speed just until combined.
- In a separate medium-size bowl whisk together the eggs and cream until combined and then pour into the dry mixture bowl and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Transfer to a clean surface lightly dusted with flour. Dust the top of the dough with flour and roll it out until it is 1 ½” to 2” thick. Use a circle cutter to make rounds and then transfer them to a few large cast-iron skillets or casserole dishes. Note: you will have to reform the dough after cutting it out with circles in order to get to 20-22 biscuits.
- Bake in the oven for 26-30 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked in the center.
- Serve immediately!
TIPS: For higher biscuits roll dough 2 inches thick; place biscuits close together -- helps them climb against each other.