Only THREE ingredients — You got this!
Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe (with tropical salsa!)
Good food doesn’t have to be complicated! Influenced by life in the Caribbean, this colorful dish will please even the most discriminating taste buds.
Bring a little of the tropics to dinner tonight! Enjoy!
Ingredients: Only three of them!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (fresh or thawed)
- 1 cup (plus 2 Tablespoons for salsa) Lawry’s Caribbean Jerk marinade
- 1 can (15 oz.) Dole Tropical Fruit Salad; drained (store brands are not recommended)
- Grease the slow cooker/crock pot
- Add the chicken (not overlapping) and cover with the Caribbean Jerk marinade
- Cook on high 3- 4 hours; or low 6-8 hours
Combine drained Tropical Fruit Salad and two (2) tablespoons of Caribbean Jerk marinade. Serve on top of cooked chicken breasts. (Salsa does not go in the slow cooker.)
Serve chicken and salsa over brown rice or pasta or alone. A good side dish with this meal is a side of fresh green beans (also made in the slow cooker!).
Chicken temperature: Check the internal temperature of the chicken breast with a meat thermometer. Poultry should be cooked to a minimum of 165 degrees (F).
Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts and the size of the slow cooker/crock pot.
This is a fun, healthy and colorful meal to make. People really love this interesting and unique combination.
Keep on slow cooking.
Powered by Facebook Comments