Crock Pot Whole Grain Macaroni and CHEESE
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot Recipe
–1/2 pound (8 ounces) uncooked Whole Grain Elbow (Barilla brand is good)
–4 cups of Milk (We used whole milk*)
–4 cups Shredded Cheese (all cheddar or a mix of cheeses!)
–1/2 t Kosher Salt (or table salt)
–1/2 t Black Pepper
–1 tsp Dried Mustard
-Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl stir egg, milk and spices together.
-Add cheese and pasta and stir well. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. It will look like soup (see picture) but that will change (see the bottom picture).
-Cover and cook on LOW for 2-5 hours, or on HIGH for 1-3 hours. Your cooking time will vary depending on the size of your slow cooker and setting used.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Salt and pepper to taste.
- We used a 4.5 Quart slow cooker and set it on Low; 3.5 hours was enough.
- Whole grains eaten on a regular basis are said to help reduce risk of type II diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular disease and digestive issues – WOW!
- Even fussy white pasta eaters will love this Whole Grain recipe.
- *Want it richer? Try using Heavy Cream! OH MY!
- Need to get the kids to eat more veggies? Hide some in the Mac n Cheese!
- Cozy up to some comfort food tonight!
Powered by Facebook Comments