Chicken, Fennel, and White Bean Soup — Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Recipe.
Soup is the perfect food! Would you agree?!
Warm the body and the soul and treat the senses with this healthy comfort dish! So delicious.
Prep: Soak Beans overnight and rinse before adding to the slow cooker
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, thawed (about 1 ¾ pounds total)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 medium carrots chopped
- 3 Stalks celery chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb chopped (plus 2 Tablespoons chopped fennel fronds for topping before serving)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup dried white beans (navy) (Soak overnight and rinse)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup orzo (another small pasta may be used)
- Combine the chicken, broth, carrots, celery, fennel, onion, white beans (rinsed), bay leaves, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in the slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook until the beans and vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through — on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, transfer the chicken to a medium bowl; discard the bay leaves. If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to HIGH, and Add the pasta, cover, and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Use two forks and shred the chicken. When the pasta is cooked, stir the chicken into the soup. Season to taste.
- Top with the fennel fronds, serve and thoroughly enjoy!
Powered by Facebook Comments