Calling all Spinach lovers!! This recipe is for you!
Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna Recipe.
Simple and simply delicious! Get the kids involved in the preparation and have a fun family time. A family that cooks together stays together — or prays together?! Either way — it’s all good!
- 2 10-ounce packages chopped, frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 1 ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3-4 cups marinara sauce (I like Newman’s Own brand)
- ½ cup water
- 6 strips of lasagna pasta (not no-boil)
- 1 ½ cups grated mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
-In a bowl, mix together the spinach, ricotta, and ½ cup of the Parmesan.
-In a second bowl, mix together the marinara sauce and ½ cup water.
-Spread ¾ cup of the marinara mixture in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker/crock pot – oval works nicely.
-Top with a layer of lasagna noodles (breaking to fit); add ¾ cup of remaining marinara mixture; half the spinach mixture; and ½ cup of the mozzarella. Repeat –top with the remaining: noodles, marinara mixture, spinach mixture; mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the noodles are tender — 3-4 hours.
Season to taste. Enjoy.
Powered by Facebook Comments