Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe — YUM!
Bored with the same old recipes? Serve up a simple and delicious colorful dish tonight — meatballs, pineapples and colored peppers!
This will quickly become a family favorite.
- 32 oz. package of precooked meatballs; (you could use Jennie-O turkey meatballs;) or make your own meatballs with beef or turkey
- 1 13.5 oz cans of unsweetened pineapple chunks (put juice aside)
- 3 Medium peppers (green and red peppers), cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon of vinegar (Red wine vinegar or white)
- 3 Teaspoons soy sauce (low sodium is a good option)
- Spray slow cooker/crock pot and place meatballs in crock pot/slow cooker
- Add peppers and pineapple chunks (drained)
- In a separate bowl, mix pineapple juice, brown sugar, flour, vinegar and soy sauce. Pour sauce over meatballs, pineapple and green peppers.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Serve alone or over brown rice or pasta. Enjoy!
- Love pineapple? Another can of drained pineapple chunks would work too!
- Some recipes call for SO MUCH sugar — you don’t need it! This isn’t dessert!
Pineapple — a Symbol of Hospitality!
Powered by Facebook Comments