Salmon with Cilantro & Lime!
Slow Cooker/Crock Pot recipes
What a marvelous blend of flavors! Cilantro and Lime — totally fantastic combination!
This blend makes adding more fish to your diet so easy and inviting. Salmon tastes great and is filled with minerals, vitamins, healthy fats, protein, and it adds great color to any meal.
The cilantro mixture smells so, so fresh! You will enjoy making this recipe and experiencing the fresh scents on their own and collectively – a true party for the senses!
-1 lb salmon fillet (3-4 fillets)
-3/4 cup cilantro, stems removed, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
-2-3 tablespoons lime juice (use juice from whole limes)
-1 tablespoons olive oil
-1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt (optional); or any salt you have on hand
Prep time: 15 minutes
Grease slow cooker with olive oil.
Place fillets, skin side down, into the crock (not overlapping).
Combine: cilantro, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a small bowl.
Pour mixture over the salmon.
Cook on High 1 to 1.5 hours; or Low 2 to 2.5 hours.
- An oval slow cooker works well for this recipe.
- The cilantro mixture smells so, so fresh!
- Salmon is so healthy and filled with nutrients that may help fight some cancers, heart disease, improve cognitive functions, and aid in eye health. It may even help you look younger too.
- Buy wild-caught salmon.
- Try to eat fish at least several times a week — slow cooking makes that so easy!
- Eat fresh! Lime, cilantro, olive oil and garlic also have many great health benefits. Eating healthy does not have to be boring! Try to work these ingredients into many other dishes (ex: salads, soups).
Keep on slow cooking!
Powered by Facebook Comments