Brunch Egg Bake. Try this recipe for Mother’s Day Brunch. Serve along with a colorful bowl of fresh fruit (mangoes, kiwi, strawberries, star fruit), some monkey bread, hazelnut coffee and Mimosa! Brunch is served.
- 1.5 dozen eggs
- 1.5 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes – thawed (adjust cooking time if using frozen potatoes)
- 1 pound of sausage (Jennie-O Turkey Sausage)
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 small green pepper – chopped
- 1 small red pepper – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped/pressed
- 4 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 T Basil
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper
- Beat eggs until well blended and then beat in milk, garlic powder, basil salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray crock with non-stick spray
- Sauté: turkey, onion, peppers and garlic
- Start layering: Put a layer potatoes on the bottom (lightly season each layer of potatoes with salt and pepper); next sprinkle a 1/3 of the sautéed sausage/veggies and a add a layer of cheese.
- Repeat the layering two more times for a total of three layers–ending with cheese.
- Take your egg mixture and pour over the layers.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
Powered by Facebook Comments